Bean and Cheese Mini Tacos
- 1 can (425 g) pinto beans refried is best
- 2 cups (80 g) spinach chopped
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp (2 g) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 g) olive oil
- 19 mini (279 g) corn tortillas I use the brand Mission street taco tortillas. They are 3" in diameter
- ¾ cup (80 g) cheddar cheese cheddar
For the Beans
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the spinach and allow to cook for 2 minutes until the spinach has wilted then add in the beans.
- If you use refried beans, add in your salt, pepper, cumin and cheese and mix. If you use whole beans, add in ⅓ cup of water and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and mash the beans with a fork or potato masher. Add in the cumin and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the cheese.
For the Tacos
- Heat the tortilla shells in the microwave so they are pliable. If they don't fold easily, keep microwaving.
- Spoon the bean and cheese mixture onto each tortilla and fold to close.
- Place the tacos on a sheet pan and bake for 4-6 minutes. Place an empty sheet pan on the top so they are weighed down and won't open when baked.
- NOTE: I have tested this a couple of times without baking the tacos and just flash freezing them and storing and it works just as well, I cant tell a difference at all.
- Once the tacos have cooled, add to a large ziplock bag. Remove as much air as possible and keep in the freezer. Reheat the tacos in the microwave. For the best result, use an air fryer or wrap the tacos in a wet paper towel and then microwave for 10-15 seconds. I don't recommend going straight from the freezer to microwave as the tortilla will be too dry.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.