Teriyaki Ground Beef Bowls
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 2 lbs ground beef (90/10)
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ lb carrots
- ½ lb celery
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce pick a bottled one from the store
- Make enough rice to yield 5 cups of cooked rice. 1 cup of dry rice will make between 2-3 cups of cooked rice depending on what type of rice you use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add in ½ tbsp of oil. Place the beef into the skillet and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- While the beef is cooking, wash and cut all of your vegetables. Cut the zucchini, celery, and carrots into a medium dice on a bias. Cut the onions into thin slices. Mince or grate the garlic into fine pieces.
- Once the beef has finished cooking, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and add in the onions, carrots and celery. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes to develop some color and lightly soften.
- Make some room in the center of the pan and add an additional ½ tbsp of oil and the zucchini and garlic. Stir fry for an additional few minutes to develop color. You don't want to take these vegetables too far as you will be reheating them again in the microwave so if you overcook them they will be mushy. You want them to still have some bite to them.
- Once the vegetables have finished add the beef back to the skillet and pour over ½ cup of teriyaki sauce and mix in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe makes 5 servings. Each dish gets 1 cup (150g) of cooked rice. Divide the contents of the skillet evenly between the 5 dishes.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.