Chicken and Lentil Soup
Chicken, carrots, peas, potatoes, and lentils stewed together and flavored with soy sauce, lemon juice, and sriracha. This is a one pot meal that can be cooked in under an hour and makes for the perfect warm dish on a cold day.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 lbs (908 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup (180 g) dry lentils
- 3 (230 g) carrots
- 1 (200 g) onion
- 3 cloves (15 g) garlic
- 3 stalks (100 g) celery
- 2 (400 g) potatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 cup (100 g) frozen peas
- 1 tsp (5 g) sriracha
- 8 cups (1920 ml) water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 g) olive oil
- Cut the carrots, celery, onion and garlic into a small dice.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large pot. Add onions and sauté until they have begun to soften. Add the carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pot with the 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and lentils and continue boiling until they have both softened, probably around 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Return to the pot and add lemon juice, soy sauce, sriracha and peas. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with parsley/cilantro if you wish.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 11g
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.
This Post Has One Comment
This soup was AMAZING!!!! I had everyone at work try it and they also loved it. So flavorful ! I’m going to lie and say it was my grandmother’s recipe. kidding.