PER SERVING – MAKES 5
- 1½ lbs (681 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups (140 g) shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix for ease
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded carrots
- 2 stalks (150 g) celery
- 1 medium (200 g) sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp (5 ml) ginger minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 (20 g) jalapeño
- 1 (30 ml) lemon juiced
- 2-3 Tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) oyster sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chicken stock
- 5 (15 g) green onions
- 6.5 oz (184 g) rice noodles I use the brand Dynasty Maifun Rice sticks.
- Cut up all of the vegetables. Cut the onion into slices. Mince the garlic and ginger. Cut the celery. Shred the cabbage.
- You can cook the chicken any number of ways. I have found the air fryer is my preferred way as you get good color with no oil. Cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes at 400°F in the air fryer. In traditional pancit the meat is often poached. Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the chicken until cooked then cut into small chunks. You could also grill or pan fry it.
- Prepare the noodles according to the packaging.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the garlic, ginger, and onions. Once they have developed some color add the celery and carrots. After a couple minutes add in the chicken, noodles, and cabbage.
- Mix in the oyster sauce, soy sauce, chicken stock, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. Season with black pepper.
- This recipes makes 5 servings. Serve each dish with lemon, green onion and jalapeño if you wish. I’m also serving mine with a side of sambal. If you find that your noodles dry out over the course of the week, pouring a bit of chicken stock over the top before reheating can help.
The information in the following tables are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.