For a cakey version of this cookie skillet check out the Lower Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet – Cakey Version.
Lower Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- ¾ cup (75 g) oat flour I just put rolled oats in the blender
- 2⅔ tbsp (20 g) tapioca flour or starch
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup (113 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp (4 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup (60 g) maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl and stir until no clumps remain.
- Mix your wet ingredients separately. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and stir to incorporate.
- Add in 2 tbsp of chocolate chips to the batter
- Spray an 8×8 pan or an 8" cast iron skillet with oil. Add the batter and spread to fill the container. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or unitl it has set in the center.
- This recipe makes 4 servings. The nutrition information is for ¼ of the entire pan.
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR THE Lower Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
The information in this table represents the estimate for the total nutrition of the recipe as it is written. If you wanted to split the recipe into more or less servings than what is originally listed you can use this table to determine the nutritional estimates. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.