Lower Calorie Monster Cookie Skillet
A combination of sweet potato puree, a combination of flours, and M&Ms mixed together and baked in a cast iron skillet to make a lower calorie cookie skillet alternative.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- ¼ cup (55 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp (50 g) sweet potato puree
- 3 tbsp (50 g) egg whites
- ½ tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- ⅓ cup (37 g) oat flour
- 1 heaping tbsp (10 g) tapioca flour any starch works
- 1 tbsp (7.5 g) coconut flour
- ⅛ tsp (.5 g) baking soda
- 1½ tsp (3 g) stevia
- 2 tbsp (25 g) M&M's
- You first need to cook your sweet potato. You can either roast this in the oven or poke a few holes in it with a fork and microwave it. After it has cooked, peel it and and puree it in a blender or food processor until it is smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Note that when I develop these recipes I use metric measurements. I reccomend you do the same for accuracy.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a bowl. Mix all of the dry ingredeints, except for the M&M's in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix in the M&M's.
- Spray a 6-inch cast iron skillet (any baking dish works but cast iron is cooler 😎) with oil and add in the mixture. Spread it evenly in the skillet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until it has cooked through in the center. You can use a thermometer if you wish. You know it's done when it is at least 170°F.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 72.3g | Protein: 11.8g | Fat: 8.3g
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR THE Lower Calorie Monster Cookie Skillet
The information in this table represents the estimate for the total nutrition of the recipe as it is written. If you wanted to split the recipe into more or less servings than what is originally listed you can use this table to determine the nutritional estimates. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.