Mini Bean and Cheese Tacos
- 2 cans (908 g) refried beans
- 6 oz (170 g) spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp (2 g) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 g) olive oil
- 38 mini (279 g) corn tortillas I use the brand Mission street taco tortillas. They are 3" in diameter
- 1¼ cups (160 g) shredded cheese
For the Filling
- Roughly chop the spinach into smaller pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the spinach stir for a bit in the oil then drizzle over 1 tbsp of water and cover with a lid for 1 minute to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Remove the lid and boil off any excess water then add 1 of cumin and stir.
- Add in the canned refried beans, ½ of the cheese, and salt and pepper for flavor. Mix until well combined then remove from the heat.
For the Tacos
- Heat a dry skillet over medium to medium high heat. Lay down the tortillas in the skillet and heat until they have softened and are pliable. Flip halfway through.
- Spoon the bean and cheese mixture onto each tortilla and top with a bit more cheese, fold to close.
- Place the finished tacos on a sheet pan to cool and repeat until all the filling has been used.
- If you plan to vacuum seal the tacos, flash freeze the sheet pan of tacos, uncovered in the freezer until solid.
- Place the frozen tacos into your freezer bag, remove all of the air and return to the freezer for storage.
- To reheat the tacos, place into a 400°F for 3-5 minutes or in the oven if you don't have an air fryer. Microwaving is fine as well.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.