Gluten Free Raspberry Poptarts
For the Pastry and Filling
- ¼ cup (30 g) brown rice flour oat flour works as well, just not as pretty
- ¼ cup (30 g) tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp (16 g) vanilla casein
- ½ tsp (3 g) butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 g) raspberry jam homemade or jarred
For the Frosting
- 2 tbsp (30 g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 g) vanilla casein
- 1 tsp (5 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (4 g) sprinkles
For the Jam
- Make the jam or use pre-made. It’s just 280g frozen raspberries, 120ml water, 20g of sugar reduced and a bit of cornstarch to thicken. Bring to a boil and mash then thicken with the cornstarch.
For the Pastry
- Mix the flours and casein together. Add in the water and butter. Stir to form dough. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes. Gluten free dough is often sticky so the freezer will help it dry out a bit.
- Lay out two sheets of wax paper. Spray lightly with oil. Roll out the dough between the paper to 1/8” thick. Trim the edges to form a rectangle. Cut into 4s.
- Place a spoonful or so of jam at the center of two of the squares. Place the empty squares on top and press down the edges with your finger and crimp with a fork. It's easiest to use the wax paper to assist you in the folding and then peel the paper away.
- Make a ball with your scraps and cook that as well, it's included in the nutrition information so you might as well cook it.
- Preheat an air fryer or oven to 325°F. Air fry for 8 minutes. Baking might take a bit longer.
For the Frosting
- For the frosting just mix everything together. Place in the fridge for a bit to chill.
- Top with frosting and sprinkles.
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR THE Gluten Free Raspberry Poptarts
The information in this table represents the estimate for the total nutrition of the recipe as it is written. If you wanted to split the recipe into more or less servings than what is originally listed you can use this table to determine the nutritional estimates. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.