20 Minute Chicken Bowl
For the Bowl
- 10 pieces popcorn chicken prep ahead of time and freeze
- ⅓ cup (40 g) frozen peas
- 2 tbsp (14 g) shredded cheddar cheese
For the Mashed Potatoes
- 1 medium (150 g) russet potato
- ½ cup (40 g) frozen kale optional, fresh is fine
- 1 tsp (5 g) butter
- 1⅓ tbsp (20 ml) milk
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Gravy
- ½ cup (120 ml) beef broth
- 1 tbsp (8 g) cornstarch
For the Mashed Potaotes
- Fill a small sauce pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Wash and cut your potato into a large dice. Add to the boiling water and cook until soft.
- Microwave the kale until it has thawed.
- Drain the water and add in the butter, milk, kale, and salt and peppper to taste. Mash until smooth.
For the Gravy
- In a separate sauce pot, bring the beef broth to a boil.
- In a small dish add the cornstarch and stir in an equal amount of water to form a slurry.
- Once the broth has boiled, reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the cornstarch until it has thickened.
For the Bowls
- Add 10 pieces of the popcorn chicken to your air fryer. Heat them using the reheat setting at 300°F for 8-10 minutes. You can obviously use a microwave as well but they won't stay crispy.
- Heat the peas in the microwave.
- To construct the bowl put the potatoes on the bottom, layer the peas on top, and then place the chicken on top. Sprinkle the cheese and drizzle the gravy over everything.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.