5 Minute Carrot Cake
Servings: 1 cake
A gluten free, lower calorie Carrot Cake made in the microwave. This cake uses applesauce instead of oil and oat flour instead of wheat flour. I use whipped cream cheese frosting but you can also make a lower calorie version from fat free cream cheese and Greek yogurt.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 tbsp (10 g) oat flour
- 1 tbsp (8 g) vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp (1 g) cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp (.5 g) ginger
- ⅛ tsp (.5 g) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (1 g) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 g) egg whites
- ½ tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 2 tbsp (25 g) grated carrots
- 2 tbsp (35 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp (8 g) brown sugar
For the Frosting
- 2 tbsp (24 g) whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Wash a carrot and shred or grate using a box grater or microplane.
- Squeeze the carrots with a paper towel to get some of the water out.
- In a mug, mix the applesauce, egg whites, and vanilla together. Then mix in the whey, baking powder and spices individually and stir vigorously. You want to make sure these are well dissolved.
- Mix in the flour and sugar and stir. Add in the carrots last.
- Microwave for 2-2.5 minutes and remove from mug onto a plate.
- Let it cool to room temperature before eating or frosting.
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.
This Post Has 2 Comments
I noticed the baking powder said (1 tsp-1g), compared it to the cinnamon which said (1/4tsp-1g) and played it safe with the 1/4 tsp. baking powder
Stilled turned out so damn good 🤘🏽 curious which is right tho 🧐 thanks again for everything brother!
Did you try making this again? Did you find a way that worked better for you?