Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups (240 g) old fashioned oats
- 2 scoops (60 g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
- 4 medium (600 g) apples peeled
- ¼ cup (48 g) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (8 g) cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (28 g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (480 g) skim milk
- 5 tbsp (60 g) vanilla Greek yogurt optional for frosting
For the Apples
- Wash and peel the apples. Cut them in half and remove the cores. Cut them into thin slices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of butter and then add the apples.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar over the top. Cook until the sugar has reduced and the apples have become soft.
For the Oatmeal Bake
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and 1 tbsp of melted butter. Pour over the top of the apples and oats and mix.
- Spray a 13"x9" pan with oil and add the oat mixture and apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- This recipe makes 6 servings. Cut the oatmeal into 6 equal pieces. You can use vanilla greek yogurt as a frosting if you wish.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.