Cauliflower Cheese Sticks
For the Crust
- 20 oz (568 g) frozen cauliflower rice I use the brand Bird’s Eye
- 2 (2 ) eggs
- ¼ cup (28 g) shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (28 g) shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese mix
- 1 Tbsp (6 g) Italian seasoning
For the Topping
- 1 cup (112 g) shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese mix
- ½ cup (56 g) shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz (120 ml) can of marinara sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- If you use frozen, riced cauliflower, thaw it in the microwave until it is no longer frozen. It doesn’t need to be cooked, just thawed.
- Using a cheesecloth, squeeze as much water out of the cauliflower as possible. If you don’t have a cheesecloth use a thin kitchen towel or paper towels. This step is crucial, get as much water out as you can.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cauliflower, 2 beaten eggs, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, ¼ cup mozzarella and provolone cheese mix, and 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with oil. Press the cauliflower mix onto the pan with your hands until it is about ¼ of an inch thick. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add 1 cup of mozzarella and provolone cheese mix and ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese to the top.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese has browned.
- Cut into 1 inch thick slices. It will make around 16 cheese sticks.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce. You can make this fresh if you please, but canned is just fine.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. I wouldn't reccommend freezing these.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.