- 1 (1135 g) broiler chicken 4-5lbs (use 1135g of the pulled meat)
- 3 (120 g) lemons
- 1 medium (200 g) sweet onion
- Salt to taste it will need quite a bit
- 2 Tbsp (30 g) Tabasco
- 2 small (15 g) serrano peppers optional
- 5 (20 g) green onions
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. In a baking dish place the chicken breast side up. Remove the giblets from the cavity and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the bird for 1 hour (plus or minus 10 minutes) on a lower middle rack in the oven. Use a meat thermometer to temp the meat and ensure it is around 165°F.
- Once the chicken has cooked and cooled, tear the meat away from the bones, remove the skin, and dice the chicken into small pieces.
- Finley chop the onion, green onion, and serranos into small pieces and set aside.
- Spread the chicken out in a shallow dish and add the juice of three lemons, diced sweet onion, serranos, salt, green onion, and hot sauce. Mix everything together and taste, adjust the salt and hot sauce levels to suit your liking.
- This recipe makes 10 servings. Divide it evenly 10 ways. My finished product weighed about 1550g so each serving will be around 150g, which is roughly a fist sized amount if you don't have a scale.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.