Chocolate Chip Protein Crescent Rolls
Servings: 6 rolls
Chocolate Chip Protein Crescent Rolls, a more macro friendly version of the crescent rolls from the tube, these ones are made with a flour mixture and casein protein powder to thicken the dough.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12 g vanilla casein protein powder
- 20 g oat flour
- 17.5 g cornstarch
- 1 g baking powder
- 40 g milk
- 15 g egg whites
- 3 g melted butter
- 12 g chocolate chips
- NOTE: The hydration of this dough is very important. Precise measurements are required. Because of this, I can only recommend making this with metric weights. Get a digital scale.
- Mix together the casein, oat flour, cornstarch, baking powder in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Add in the egg whites and milk. Mix to form a dough
- Place the dough in the fridge/freezer for 10 minutes until it has solidified to a place where it is workable.
- Place down two pieces of parchment and spray lightly with oil. Roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/8”-1/4” thick.
- Clean the edges of the rectangle and make sharp cuts down the sides. Cut the dough into right triangles to form the shapes. Reroll out the scraps and repeat.
- Spread melted butter over the top and add the chocolate chips.
- Roll the fat end of the triangle over the small end to form the roll.
- Place onto a sheet pan/cast iron and bake at 350F for 4-8 minutes. I used the air fryer so it doesn’t take as long. The oven will probably take closer to the 8 minute mark. Just watch it and pull them out when browned.
- Cream cheese frosting on top is a nice touch as well.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g