Crunchy Granola Bars
- 5 cups (400 g) oats
- 3 cups (51 g) puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup (112 g) melted coconut oil
- 2 scoops (64 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) maple syrup
- 3 tsp (12 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (3 g) salt
- ½ cup (60 g) dried cranberries
- ¼ cup (56 g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl mix the salt, oats, and oil. Pour onto a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 15 minutes stirring every couple of minutes.
- While the oats are baking, stir together the syrup, whey, and vanilla until the whey is dissolved.
- Mix the oats, puffed rice, cranberries, and syrup mixture together.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with oil. Pour the mixture into the pan and press firmly. Add a layer of wax paper over the top before you press to keep your hands clean. The sheet pan should be a standard size ideally with a lip. If you have a smaller sheet pan you’ll probably end up with chewy bars.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and remove from oven. Cut into 24 bars while still warm.
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR THE Crunchy Granola Bars
The information in this table represents the estimate for the total nutrition of the recipe as it is written. If you wanted to split the recipe into more or less servings than what is originally listed you can use this table to determine the nutritional estimates. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.