Honey Sriracha Rice Bowls
Servings: 5 servings
Meal prep these Honey Sriracha Rice Bowls in under an hour and have your lunches ready for the week. Made using chicken thighs coated in a honey sriracha garlic sauce and paired with carrots, broccoli, onions and rice.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
For the Rice Bowls
- 2 lbs (908 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups (600 g) cooked rice
- 12 oz (340 g) broccoli
- 3 medium (150 g) carrots
- 1 small (125 g) onion
- 4 stalks (50 g) green onions
- ½ tbsp (7.5 g) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 g) oil
- oil spray
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 g) soy sauce GF if needed
- 1½ tbsp (23 g) lime juice
- 2½ tbsp (40 g) sriracha
- 2 tsp (10 g) sesame oil
- ¼ cup (84 g) honey
- ½ tbsp (7.5 g) garlic
For the Rice
- Cook enough rice to yield 4 cups (600g) of cooked rice. 1 cup of dry rice will make between 2-3 cups of rice depending on what kind you use.
For the Sauce
- Mince some garlic cloves until you have 1 tbsp (15g) of garlic.
- Place a bowl over a scale and add in the soy sauce, lime juice, sriracha, sesame oil, honey, and ½ tbsp of the garlic.
- Stir the sauce until the the honey is incorporated and the garlic is distributed throughout.
For the Chicken
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (217°C).
- Place the chicken thighs into a large bowl. Cut off any excess fat or skin from the thighs.
- Pour roughly ⅓-½ of the sauce over the top of the chicken and mix it with the chicken until it is completely coated. Allowing it to marinate for 30 minutes to aa couple of hours is best but if you want to just cook it immediately, that will do.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and lay the chicken thighs smooth side down on the sheet pan, ensuring enough space between each thigh to promote proper browning.
- Roast the chicken for 10-12 minutes.
- After 10-12 minutes, turn the oven to broil and place the sheet pan on the top rack, under the broiler if it is not already there. Watch the chicken closely as it will be prone to burning.
- Broil the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side until you are happy with the level of browning on the chicken.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and allow it to rest before cutting.
For the Vegetables
- While the chicken is cooking, wash and cut all of your vegetables.
- Cut the onion into thin slices, the carrots into a medium dice on a bias, the broccoli into small florets, and the green onions into thin slices. Save the green onion tops for a garnish and add the whites to your onion pile.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add in ½ tbsp of oil. Add in the carrots and broccoli first. Cook them for a few minutes to develop a small amount of browning and then drizzle over a few tablespoons of water to create steam and help them cook a bit faster.
- Create some room in the center of the skillet and add the remaining ½ tbsp of oil. Dump in the onions and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes until the onions just start to develop some color and then mix into the rest of the vegetables.
- Measure out 4 cups (600g) of cooked rice and add to the skillet.
- Pour over the remaining sauce and mix to combine.
- Toss the chicken thighs around on the sheet pan to coat them in any juices/sauce on the pan. Cut the chicken into a medium dice and add to skillet.
- Mix everything together and taste test. Adjust flavor with salt, pepper, or any of the sauce components as you see fit.
- The recipe makes 5 servings. Divide the contents of the skillet evenly into the 5 containers. This meal will last for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Reheat in the microwave and top with more sriracha.
Calories: 575kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 19g
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR THE Honey Sriracha Rice Bowls
The information in this table represents the estimate for the total nutrition of the recipe as it is written. If you wanted to split the recipe into more or less servings than what is originally listed you can use this table to determine the nutritional estimates. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.
This Post Has 19 Comments
Made this yesterday and it was Awesome.
I’m a new cook and I wanted to make new food as well as a lot of food. It was amazing. My mother ate 2 of my five servings ;( but it was so delicious I totally understood.
I made six servings, was gone in three days. Really good recipe. I added more sauce to it but it was also very good as is.
This has been my favorite of your meal preps after trying several over the last few months. Super yummy yet super easy especially if you have an air fryer you can use for the chicken.
Our family really enjoyed this meal!
It’s good recipe but found it too spicy. I only put in 1 tablespoon of sriracha when recipe calls for 2 1/2 tbsp.
I’ve made this twice now in the span of 3 months. One of those meal preps you can’t wait to get to!
Very delicious, and heats up well. I like to let my chicken thighs get a little bit of char under the broiler.
Loved this recipe! Made it this past week and looked forward to eating it every day. I might add a fried egg next time I make this. I think it would pair well!
This is the S?!#. This is going to be my go-to MP dish from here on out. Even my 2-year old can’t stop eating it.
This bowl was excellent. I will definitely be adding this to my rotation. It was so easy to make and cheap.
Awesome dish. Tastes great and holds textures/flavors well throughout the week
I’ve been eating this for the last 2 days, I’m enjoying it so much I’ve actually been eating it for lunch and dinner. This is definitely going to be a regular meal prep meal for me.
This is absolutely delicious. Made a batch tonight and it’s take out quality food. looking forward to having this as my lunch for the next 4 days, sure to be a staple of my diet.
Also I’d note, I used to think I hated broccoli, but it must just be because I’ve always had it steamed, because in this dish it tastes brilliant. If you don’t like any of the ingredients on their own, definitely try them in this dish.
To set the table : I’ve never cooked before. This meal prep was literally the first dish I’ve ever made and boy was it amazing. Great recipe, the steps are very easy to follow and the result is 5 delicious meals that looked like they were professionnally cooked! 10/10 will cook again.
Delicious and easy to make!!!
Solid, in the nick
A new favorite! Grilled the chicken on the bbq. Made cilantro-lime rice vs plain. Oh som yum!
Easily one of the best recipes on here. Simple, quick, and full of flavor