Pão de Queijo – Traditional
Pão de queijo is a popular Brazilian treat that is Portuguese for “cheese bread”. What’s great about these is that they are gluten free so even those who are gluten sensitive can enjoy them!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups (150 g) tapioca flour check the health aisles at your store or on Amazon
- ¼ cup (28 g) shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (20 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp (3 g) salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (120 g) skim milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan, add the oil, milk and salt. Bring to a light boil and remove from the heat.
- Slowly add in the flour a few spoonfulls at a time and stir to incorporate.
- Once the flour has been incorporated, use your hands to knead the dough slightly and allow it cool a bit.
- Add in 1 beaten egg and stir, then add in the cheese. It should look almost like a thick cottage cheese.
- Spray a sheet pan with oil and create balls using a cookie scoop. Place the balls 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- These are best after they have rested for a while. The day after is when I prefer to eat them because they become much softer.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.6g | Protein: 2.2g | Fat: 5.5g
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR THE Pão de Queijo
The information in this table represents the estimate for the total nutrition of the recipe as it is written. If you wanted to split the recipe into more or less servings than what is originally listed you can use this table to determine the nutritional estimates. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.