Lower Calorie Apple Crisp
- 4 (400 g) apples
- ¼ cup (30 g) tapioca flour (I used tapioca, anything should work)
- 2 tsp (8 g) cinnamon
- 5 tbsp (75 g) maple syrup
- 1 cup (15 g) puffed millet
- ½ cup (40 g) oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut apples into slices or chunks. Cut the skin off if you wish, it doesn’t make a difference.
- In a large bowl, add the apples, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and 3 tbsp of the flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour apples into a greased 8×8 pan.
- In the bowl, mix the oats, millet, remaining 1 tbsp of flour, and 4 tbsp of maple syrup. Mix and pour over apples.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until you can easily insert a knife into the apples.
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR THE Lower Calorie Apple Crisp
The information in this table represents the estimate for the total nutrition of the recipe as it is written. If you wanted to split the recipe into more or less servings than what is originally listed you can use this table to determine the nutritional estimates. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.