Apple Cinnamon Turnover Bites
For the Base
- ¾ cup (60 g) oat flour
- ½ cup (120 g) plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (50 g) liquid egg whites
- 1 (100 g) apple
- 1 tsp (4 ml) vanilla
- ½ tsp (2 g) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 g) stevia
- 1 tsp (3 g) cinnamon
- 2 ½ tsp (10 g) coconut sugar
For the Icing
- 3 ½ Tbsp (50 g) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp (5 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ tsp (1 g) stevia
- 2 tsp (8 ml) water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut apple into small dice. Heat a skillet over medium heat & spray with oil. Add apples and sprinkle sugar over top. Sauté for a few minutes until soft. Toss in cinnamon.
- Mix the dry dough ingredients together then add in yogurt, vanilla, and eggs.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with oil. Divide the dough in half. Fill 12 wells using half of the total mixture. Use a spoon to form the dough into the well shape as best you can.
- Divide the apple mix between the wells. Add the remaining dough over the top.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Mix the icing ingredients and drizzle over the top. It’s best to ice them when you eat them and not in advance.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.