- 15 oz (425 g) can of chickpeas
- ¼ cup (20 g) red onion diced
- 3 cloves (15 g) garlic
- 1 Tbsp (8 g) cumin
- 1 tsp (2 g) paprika
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- ¾ cup (30 g) parsley chopped
- ¼ cup (10 g) cilantro
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- ¼ tsp (1 g) salt
- 1 (1) egg
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor or a blender, add all of the ingredients except the cooking spray and pulse until the ingredients have been thoroughly mixed. You don’t want this to become a paste, so be careful with how long you blend.
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray and use a cookie scoop to create 1-2 inch balls from the falafel mix.
- Place on the sheet pan and lightly press down on the center to flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the falafel has set and browned.
- This recipe makes anywhere between 10–15 falafels depending on the size of your scoop. For reference, I made 14.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.