BBQ Turkey Skillet
- 2 lbs (908 g) ground turkey 93/7
- 2 large (600 g) sweet potatoes
- 1 medium (150 g) red pepper
- ½ medium (125 g) sweet onion
- 2½ tbsp (38 g) olive oil
- 1 bunch (100 g) lacinato kale
- 2 tsp (10 g) lemon juice
- 5 tbsp (75 g) BBQ sauce vinegar based (anything will work though)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 425°.
- Wash and cut your sweet potatoes into a large dice. Toss in 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 8-10 minutes or until soft.
For the Vegetables
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut your onion and red pepper into a small dice.
- Wash and remove the kale leaves from the stems. Rougly chop the leaves and place into a bowl.
- Drizzle 2 tsp of lemon juice and a few pinches of salt over the kale. Massage the kale by squeezing it in your hands 5-8 times. This will help to break down the fibers and keep it from being so tough.
- In a skillet, heat ½ tbsp of oil. Add in the onion and red pepper and cook until soft.
- Once they have softened, add the kale and turn off the heat. Allow the residual heat to wilt the kale.
For the Turkey
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium high heat in a separate large skillet. Brown the turkey and then mix in the BBQ sauce.
- Once everything has finished cooking, combine all of the ingredients in a large pot/bowl and mix to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe makes 5 servings. Divide your ingredients evenly 5 ways.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.