Giant Protein Pancake
Servings: 1 Pancake
A gluten free, high protein pancake made from oat flour and a blend of whey and casein protein.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- ¾ scoop (25 g) vanilla whey/casein blend 50/50 blend. I mix 12.5g of whey and 12.5g of casein together
- ¼ cup (20 g) oat flour
- 1 ⅓ tbsp (10 g) tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1 g) baking powder
- ¼ cup (60 g) liquid egg whites
- ⅓ cup (75 g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp (25 g) water
For the Toppings
- ¾ cup (100 g) mixed berries frozen is fine
- ½ tsp (2 g) splenda optional
- 1 tbsp (5 g) fat free whipped cream
- Mix all the dry ingredients together so no clumps are present. NOTE: I have tested this with only whey protein and it doesn't turn out as well. Only casein will work but you may need more water in the batter. The 50/50 blend is best.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a griddle/skillet on medium heat and spray with oil. Add the batter and cook for a couple minutes, then flip.
For the Toppings
- If your fruit is frozen, defrost it in the microwave. Sprinkle the splenda over the top and allow it to macerate for a few minutes. This will pull out some of the juices and allow you to use less syrup.
- Top your pancake with the fruit and whipped cream.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.2g | Protein: 36.5g | Fat: 2.2g
This Post Has 13 Comments
Loved it!! Perfect texture and I made with whey only as I don’t have any casein. I usually find protein pancakes are too runny and are hard to flip this cooked so well, I actually made into two pancakes as I like them thinner but will definitely be making regularly.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed 😎
Have you tried making the dry ingredients in bulk before, and then portioning it out?
Yes, if you search for pancake mix you can see that recipe.
Hi! Searched for pancake mix and can’t seem to find it. Has the recipe been removed?
here it is https://mealprepmanual.com/protein-pancake-mix/
This is my go to breakfast almost everyday. I use a plant based protein powder (37g for 2 scoops) & throw in a tbsp of ground flaxseed (I need more fiber in my life) and just add more water to compensate, and it is perfect. I eat it with a fruit spread on top and it is soooo good! Such an easy way to add more protein to my diet.
Glad to hear it works with other proteins 👍👍
Made these tonight and they were great. I pre-mixed the dry ingredients a few days ago and made them tonight. I forgot the egg-whites and yogurt and they still turned out terrific. For the topping I cooked some fresh blueberries in a sauce-pan on low until the blueberries burst making a sugar free natural blueberry syrup. Delicious.
glad you enjoyed them 😎
Just made it for me and my son and dude is munching right now! Good recipe
thank you, glad he liked them 😎
my son is obese and i told him they were regular pancakes and he loved them