Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups (240 g) old fashioned oats
- 2 scoops (60 g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
- 3 cups (450 g) blueberries frozen is fine
- 2 tbsp (42 g) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (14 g) butter
- 10 tbsp (150 g) liquid egg whites or 3 eggs
- 2 cups (480 g) skim milk
- 3 tbsp (45 g) lemon juice
- 4 oz (113 g) plain cream cheese i used whipped, regular is fine you'll just need to melt it down
- 2 tbsp (20 g) sugar
- 1 tsp (4 g) splenda optional
- 1 tbsp (5 g) lemon zest
For the Baked Oatmeal
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Measure out your berries. If you would like a sweeter end product, sprinkle a teaspoon of splenda or sugar over the top of the blueberries and allow them to macerate. It may help speed up the process if you thaw them in the microwave first.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder, and baking powder.
- Add in the egg whites, milk, syrup, 1 tbsp of melted butter, lemon juice, and the berries.
- Spray a 13"x9" pan with oil and add the oat mixture.
- Mix together the cream cheese and sugar. You can microwave it for a bit to help it soften. Put a few spoonfuls of the cream cheese around your pan and swirl it around as best as you can.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- This recipe makes 6 servings. Top with lemon zest. Cut the oatmeal into 6 equal pieces.
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR THE Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
The information in this table represents the estimate for the total nutrition of the recipe as it is written. If you wanted to split the recipe into more or less servings than what is originally listed you can use this table to determine the nutritional estimates. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.