Protein Pumpkin Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
Protein Pumpkin Muffins made using a combination of whey and casein proteins as well as egg whites and Greek yogurt to give a higher protein, lower calorie dessert option than a traditional muffin.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- ½ cup (140 g) liquid egg whites or 2 whole eggs
- ⅔ cup (150 g) full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp (4 g) vanilla
- ¾ cup (200 g) pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup (60 g) maple syrup
For the Frosting
- 1½ cups (324 g) whipped cream cheese frosting
For the Muffins
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together until no clumps remain.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Spray a 12 well muffin tin with oil and be sure all sides of the wells are coated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 wells. Tap it on the counter a few times to level off the batter and move out any air pockets.
- Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once cooked and allow to cool to room temperature before frosting.
For the Frosting – Cream Cheese Version
- In the video, I show three versions of the frosting: a powdered sugar icing, macro friendly frosting, and a cream cheese frosting.
- For the cream cheese frosting I used store bought whipped cream cheese frosting. Each muffin gets 2 tbsp (27g) of frosting over the top. The macro information listed is for the muffin only, not the frosting, so you can choose what kind of topping you want. With the whipped cream cheese frosting each muffin will have 205 calories | 26.7g C | 7g P | 7.8g F
For the Frosting – Powdered Sugar Icing Version
- Mix together 30g of powdered sugar, 0.5g of vanilla, a tiny pinch of salt, and 5g of milk. Stir to form a glaze and top each muffin lightly. 101 calories | 14.3g C | 7g P | 1.8g F
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1.8g