Smoked Sausage with Rice & Beans
- 28 oz (795 g) turkey kielbasa sausage
- 2 ½ cups (375 g) cooked rice
- 2 ½ cups (300 g) shredded carrots
- 1 lb (454 g) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (425 g) black beans 15oz drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup (10 g) cilantro optional
- 1 lime optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook enough rice to yield 3 cups of cooked rice. (1 cup of dry rice yields around 3 cups of cooked rice)
- Slice your kielbasa sausage into bite sized pieces and fry in a large skillet until browned.
- This is all of the cooking that is required for this meal. The carrots, broccoli, and beans will cook in the microwave when you reheat your meal. If you plan on eating the meal right away, microwave the broccoli and carrots and heat the beans in a small sauce pan.
- This recipe makes 5 servings. Divide all of your ingredients evenly between 5 containers. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the beans and rice. Serve with a lime wedge if you’d like.
The information in the following table are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.