SWEET POTATO TURKEY SKILLET
Sweet Potato Turkey Skillet made from ground turkey and sweet potatoes topped with green onions and shredded cheese. Serve with a side of salsa for more flavor!
PER SERVING – MAKES 5
Sweet Potato Turkey Skillet
Ground turkey and sweet potatoes topped with green onions and shredded cheese. Serve with a side of salsa for more flavor!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 (750 g) sweet potatoes
- 2 lbs (908 g) ground turkey (93/7)
- ½ (100 g) sweet onion
- 2 (250 g) poblano peppers green peppers work fine
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp (8 g) cumin
- 1 Tbsp (8 g) chili powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 5 Tbsp (20 g) green onions
- ½ cup (56 g) shredded cheese
- 1 ¼ cup (300 g) salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut your sweet potatoes into a large dice.
- Start a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add in the sweet potatoes and boil until they are easily pierced by a fork. Drain the water once they have finished cooking.
- Wash your peppers and cut the pepper and onion into a small dice.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion, peppers, and 1 Tbsp of minced garlic to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes.
- After the onions and peppers have cooked for a few minutes, add in the ground turkey and cook until it has browned.
- Mix in 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1 Tbsp cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and mix.
- Store the salsa in a smaller separate container.
- This recipe makes 5 servings. Divide the meat and potato mixture evenly into each of your containers. Top each dish with shredded cheese, 1 Tbsp of green onions, and ¼ cup salsa.
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 20g
The information in the following tables are estimates for the total nutrition of the recipe, as written. If you follow the recipe listed above, as written, you can use these tables to determine the nutrition information if you wanted to split the recipe, as written, into more or less servings than what is originally listed. If you update the number of servings in the “Servings” field of the recipe above, the information in these tables are no longer accurate as you have updated the ingredients.
STANDARD RECIPE NUTRITION
WEIGHT LOSS RECIPE NUTRITION
WEIGHT GAIN RECIPE NUTRITION
This Post Has 11 Comments
how long do these dishes last in the fridge
I don’t keep anything longer than 5 days in the fridge
What is the name of the salsa you used?
I just buy whatever is cheapest at the store. I don’t use a specific one.
Hey my friend, I’ve been watching all of your videos on Youtube. Are you okay with me taking a screenshot of this recipe and posting it in my workout group?
Hello, and thank you for asking. I appreciate that. I would prefer it if you would just link them to either the youtube link or here to this page 👍
Fantastic recipe and will definitely give it a go this week. Would you mind posting what the macros would be on an 80/20 ground beef version? You got me curious…
You would need to put that into a calculator like MyFitnessPal to figure out what it would be with the fattier beef 👍
This is the third recipe I’ve tried since signing up for TMPM and man this one is delicious, by far my favorite. I used ground and seasoned to taste and it turned out excellent, will definitely be a staple in my meal prep menu going forward.
This is a favorite. Simple yet, enjoyable!
great recipe, thanks