Here are five snack ideas that you can whip up in 5 minutes or less. All of these are easy to customize to meet your personal taste preferences. Collecting recipes for quick and easy snack ideas is always something I’m looking to do. There is nothing worse than being hungry for a snack and not having any options available to you so you have to settle for something uninteresting.
1. 5 Minute Hash Brown Breakfast Bowl
5 Minute Hash Brown Breakfast Bowl
- ½ cup (120 g) egg whites
- 1 ½ cups (100 g) frozen shredded hash browns
- ¼ cup (50 g) plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (10 g) cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp (2 g) Green onions
- 1 tsp (5 g) crunchy chili garlic oil optional
- seasoned salt to taste
- Add the frozen hash browns and eggs to a bowl. Microwave in 1 minute intervals and stir until eggs have cooked.
- Add in the yogurt, salt, pepper and stir. Add the cheese and microwave an additional 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with green onions, chili garlic oil (optional) and enjoy.
2. Smashed Avocado and Bean Rice Cakes
Smashed Avocado and Bean Rice Cakes
- 1 medium (100 g) avocado
- ½ cup (100 g) canned white beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp (10 g) lemon juice
- 4 (36 g) rice cakes
- 1 tsp (4 g) everything bagel seasoning
For the Rice Cakes
- Add the avocado and beans to a bowl. Smash with a fork to reach a smooth consistency.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Top your rice cakes with ¼ of the mixture. Any excess can be refrigerated and saved for later.
3. Meat, Egg, & Cheese Ques
Meat, Egg, and Cheese Ques
- 1 egg
- 4 slices (44 g) chicken breast deli meat
- 2 thin slices (20 g) cheddar cheese
- 1 8 inch (49 g) tortilla gluten free if needed
For the Ques
- Crack your egg into a bowl and scramble.
- In an 8 inch skillet over medium low to medium heat, spray a bit of oil and add in your egg. Twirl the pan to cover the bottom with the egg.
- Before the egg sets, place the tortilla on top and press down.
- Flip the tortilla to the other side and add your meat and cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and brown on both sides.
4. Apple Slices with Greek Yogurt and Granola
Apple Slices with Greek Yogurt and Granola
- 1 medium (200 g) apple
- ¾ cup (150 g) plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp (14 g) honey
- ⅓ cup (30 g) granola
For the Apple
- Wash and cut the apple into slices.
- Mix the honey into the Greek yogurt and plate with the apple.
- Add the granola to the bowl.
5. Strawberry Limeade Sorbet
Strawberry Limeade Sorbet
- 2 cups (280 g) frozen strawberries
- 3 tbsp (45 g) maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 g) water
- 1 tbsp (15 g) lime juice
For the Sorbet
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.